Cisco IP Communicator—a software-based application that delivers enhanced telephony support through the PC—is designed to meet diverse customer needs by serving as a supplemental telephone when traveling, a telecommuting device, or as a primary desktop telephone. With Cisco IP Communicator, remote users don’t just take their office extension with them; they also enjoy access to the same familiar phone services that they have in the office.
Cisco IP Communicator is designed for users who require a supplemental telephone when away from their deskphone, traveling, or telecommuting. When using Cisco IP Communicator remotely, you are not just taking your office phone extension with you: you continue to have access to the same familiar phone and video telephony services that you have in the office. This advantage boosts business collaboration and responsiveness and helps organizations keep pace with today’s mobile business environment.
Cisco IP Communicator Features
Cisco IP Communicator is intuitively designed and easy to use, and delivers convenient access to a broad range of features:
• Eight line keys: These keys provide telephone lines and direct access to telephony features.
• Five soft keys: These keys dynamically give users call-feature options.
• Messages: This key provides direct access to voicemail messages.
• Directories: Cisco IP Communicator identifies incoming calls and messages and categorizes them on the screen, allowing users to return calls quickly and effectively using direct dial-back capability. The corporate directory integrates with the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol Version 3 (LDAP3) standard directory.
• Settings: This key allows users to select from a large number of ringer sounds and background images.
• Services: Cisco IP Communicator allows users to quickly access diverse information such as weather, stocks, quote of the day, or any other Web-based information. The phone uses XML to provide a portal to an ever-growing world of features and information.
• Help: The online Help feature gives users information about the phone keys, buttons, and features.
Cisco IP Communicator Modes
• Cisco IP Communicator offers handset, headset, and high-quality speakerphone modes.
• Headset mode: In this mode, Cisco IP Communicator offers the highest-quality voice communications capabilities.
• Handset mode: Cisco IP Communicator interoperates with third-party USB telephony handsets.
• Speakerphone mode: Cisco IP Communicator converts a computer into a full-duplex, hands-free speakerphone
Size 52.86 MB