1. Select Start in the bottom left corner of the screen, then select Run.
2. Once the Run window starts, type in cmd
3. At the command prompt, type in telnet emailprovider.com 110 (where "emailprovider" is the name of the service you use for email).
4. Type USER yourusername (you may see what you type or not, and "yourusername" should be changed to whatever comes before the @ in your email address).
5. Then type in PASS yourpassword (if you can see what you type, you will see your password).
6. Type list.
7. You will see a list of items with labels like "1 607" and "2 1323403."
8. If you want to look at the message labeled 2 1323403, type retr 2. You can replace the 2 with any other number to view other messages.
9. If you want to delete message 1 607, type dele 1.
10. When you are done checking your email, type quit.