Many of your PC/laptop's normally gets virus because of Pen Drives or USB devices (Even PC's who are not connected to network ).
Some Virus like Ravmon Virus , Heap41a worm which are not detected by anti virus normally spreads mostly by the Pen Drives .
In such a case what can you do to prevent your PC from getting infected with Virus that spreads through USB devices or Pen Drives ?
You can protect your PC by just following the simple steps below . It won't take much time.
* Connect your Pen Drive or USB drive to your computer .
* Now a dialogue window will popup asking you to choose among the options as shown in the figure.
* Don't choose any of them , Just simply click Cancel .
* Now go to Start--> Run and type cmd to open the Command Promt window .
* Now go to My Computer and Check the Drive letter of your USB drive or Pen Drive. ( E.g. If it is written Kingston (I , then I: will be the drive letter .)
* In the Command Window ( cmd ) , type the drive letter: and Hit Enter .
* Now type dir/w/o/a/p and Hit Enter.
* You will get a list of files . In the list , search if anyone of the following do exist .
2. New Folder.exe
8. RVHost.exe or any other files with .exe Extension .
* If you find any one of the files above , Run the command attrib -h -r -s -a *.* and Hit Enter.
* Now Delete each File using the following Command del filename ( E.g del autorun.inf ) .
* That's it . Now just scan your USB drive with the anti virus you have to ensure that you made your Pen Drive free of Virus .
Now Unplug your Pen Drive or USB device and Plug it again to your Laptop/PC . Before removing your Pen Drive from others Computer , Don't forget to search for .exe files using the Windows search and remove them .